Today’s AR journey is about venturing into the extraordinary world of Rianderson Pereira Correa, an experienced and immensely talented AR creator. With a journey that began on Snapchat and blossomed into a passion for pushing the boundaries of augmented reality, Rianderson’s story is one of inspiration and innovation. This captivating interview delves into his creative process, the projects that have left a lasting impact, and the brands that have recognized his immense talent. Discover how Rianderson combines his love for technology with his insatiable curiosity to create immersive AR experiences that captivate audiences worldwide. Join us as we explore the intersection of imagination and cutting-edge technology with Rianderson Pereira Correa, an AR pioneer shaping the future of digital creativity.
– Let’s start from the beginning! How did you start your AR journey? What inspired you to become a creator and what keeps you motivated to continue creating for this industry?
– My journey started in 2016 on Snapchat, when I was on the rise here in my country. My first attempt was to create a geofilter (they were location-based filters) I tried to create one for my city, but of course, it didn’t work hahaha, because I was still very new to the subject. But then in 2019, I found out about the spark ar beta program and since then I started creating and haven’t stopped. My always fondness for technology and curiosity inspired my AR journey. I am a very curious person, which makes me self-taught, so if I am interested in learning something new I look for all the ways to learn it. And what keeps me motivated is seeing my work recognized.
– What is AR for you?
– is to be able to express my creativity.
– How do you see the future of AR evolving? What kind of opportunities do you think it will bring to creators and brands?
– I see it as a very powerful way to create new connections between people and products and it will be very useful in people’s daily lives. In addition, I see a very promising future with the ease of access to this technology.
– Who or what inspires you in your work, and can you describe your working process? Do you follow a plan or work spontaneously? Do you have a specific style that sets you apart from other creators?
– I’m a person who likes to create fun filters and games. So what inspires me is always seeing things that are trending, like memes, challenges, and trends. I always organize my work process into three main stages, the first is research. The second is the prototype, to get a visual idea of how I want the result of the project. And finally the construction of the project. I like to keep my ideas organized. Most of the time I follow a plan, I like to follow a briefing. I don’t know if I have a style, but if I do I believe in developing interactive experiences.
– Can you share an example of a project where you pushed the boundaries of what is possible with AR technology and what kind of impact it has?
– I will quote a personal project, which is quite recent. They are a set of six filters that I developed for my final graduation work. The purpose of these filters is educational. They were developed as a tool to assist in the teaching-learning of geometric solids in the Mathematics discipline.
– Can you list the brands you have worked with? What is the project(s) you’re most proud of?
– TNT Sports () HBO Max, Estubank and OdontoZ. The ones I’m most proud of are the HBO MAX and Estubank filters. Because they were projects that challenged me and I enjoyed what I did.
– Collaboration is a crucial aspect of creating successful AR projects. Can you share an example of a project where you had to balance a client’s needs with your creative vision? How did you navigate that challenge?
– I haven’t had any problems with it so far. Because I always create following the planning given to me and we are always there in agreement, analyzing the best decision to follow, and always seeing the possibilities on both sides. I think working in tandem is what gives us good collaborations.
– How do you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technology in the AR industry, and how do you incorporate this knowledge into your work?
– I always keep an eye on the news, social networks, and trends that are happening. So I always try to use new tools that come up that can help me in some way in my work process
– Can you share any tips or tricks you’ve learned along the way that have helped you to create successful AR projects?
– The crucial tip I give is to get organized and plan. Organization and planning are the basis for a successful project. And of course, keep studying knowledge is never too much
– What do you enjoy most about being an AR creator, and how do you balance the technical aspects of AR creation with the creative side? What advice would you give to aspiring AR creators who are just starting?
– One piece of advice I give to those who are starting is to participate in communities, don’t hesitate to ask for help from community members, stay on top of new features, respect your time, let your creativity guide you, and don’t be afraid to make mistakes.