Step into the extraordinary world of augmented reality as we sit down with the innovative artist, Julio César Vázquez Mojica. His AR journey is a testament to the limitless possibilities of fusing technology with creativity. In this interview, we delve deep into Julio’s unconventional approach, where he transforms digital “garbage” into stunning AR compositions. Join us on this captivating exploration of Julio Vázquez’s AR journey, as we discover how he redefines the boundaries of art and technology.
– Let’s start from the beginning! How did you start your AR journey? What inspired you to become a creator and what keeps you motivated to continue creating for this industry?
– I enjoy creating collages, playing with compositions using digital elements, and experimenting with AR technology.
– What is AR for you?
– AR, to me, is a medium for enhancing and beautifying our everyday reality, adding layers of creativity and imagination to the world we perceive.
– How do you see the future of AR evolving? What kind of opportunities do you think it will bring to creators and brands?
– In the future, I envision AR continuing to evolve as a powerful tool for entertainment and advertising. Creators will have more opportunities to engage viewers creatively, while brands will harness AR for immersive advertising experiences, including subliminal messaging, presenting a wide range of possibilities for both creators and brands to explore.
– Who or what inspires you in your work, and can you describe your working process? Do you follow a plan or work spontaneously? Do you have a specific style that sets you apart from other creators?
– I draw inspiration from my distinctive style, which is evident in my creations made from what some might consider digital “garbage.” My working process is a blend of spontaneous experimentation and structured planning, often leading to unexpected results. This unique approach sets me apart from other creators, as I embrace the unconventional to create innovative and visually striking AR experiences.
– Can you share an example of a project where you pushed the boundaries of what is possible with AR technology and what kind of impact did it have?
– I once collaborated with one of my favorite brands in Malaysia. Despite the project’s limited financial return, they expressed their gratitude by sending me one of their expensive clothing items. This collaboration demonstrated the power of AR to connect artists globally and foster appreciation for digital art, making a lasting impact in bridging creative communities.
– Collaboration is a crucial aspect of creating successful AR projects. Can you share an example of a project where you had to balance a client’s needs with your creative vision? How did you navigate that challenge?
– Collaborating with my friend @taquito_jocoque_, a fellow visual artist, presented a unique challenge. We worked together to create augmented reality filters that incorporated her artistic vision and my conceptual input. Navigating this challenge required effective communication and a willingness to find common ground, resulting in a successful fusion of our creative visions.
– How do you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technology in the AR industry, and how do you incorporate this knowledge into your work?
– I’m currently exploring artificial intelligence and its potential integration into my AR filters. To stay informed, I regularly follow industry news, attend conferences, and engage with the AR community online. This knowledge integration is essential to keeping my creations fresh and cutting-edge.
– Can you share any tips or tricks you’ve learned along the way that have helped you to create successful AR projects?
– One valuable tip is to offer your work to brands that align with your creative passion and vision. Some will embrace collaboration, leading to more fulfilling and successful projects. Additionally, never stop experimenting and having fun during the learning process—it’s often where groundbreaking ideas originate.
– What do you enjoy most about being an AR creator, and how do you balance the technical aspects of AR creation with the creative side? What advice would you give to aspiring AR creators who are just starting out?
– The most enjoyable aspect of being an AR creator is the freedom to play, have fun, and experiment with technology while expressing creativity. Balancing technical expertise with creativity requires ongoing learning and practice. My advice to aspiring AR creators is to fully embrace the learning journey, fearlessly push boundaries, and prioritize enjoyment and experimentation—these elements are at the core of this exciting field.